Crispy Crab Cakes
1 pound Dungeness Lump Crab Meat
½ Cup All-purpose Flour
3 Cups Bread Crumbs, divided
¼ Cup Water
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 ½ Cups Natural Butter Olive Oil
1 tsp. Hot Sauce
3 Eggs, divided
1 tsp. Parsley, dried
¼ tsp. Celery Seed, ground
¼ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
¼ tsp. Smoked Paprika
½ tsp. Sea Salt
¼ tsp. Black Pepper, ground
½ Lemon, juiced
1. In a medium bowl add the crabmeat, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, 1 egg, parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to taste, and gently combine. Divide the crab mixture into 6 equal patties and arrange on a sheet pan lined with waxed paper.
2. Set up a breading station using 3 baking dishes or pie plates. In the first dish combine the flour with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. In the second dish whisk together the remaining 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of water. In the third dish combine the remaining bread crumbs with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Dredged the crab cakes in the seasoned flour, then in the egg wash and then coat them thoroughly in the bread crumbs. Arrange on a sheet tray.
3. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the cakes in batches of 6 until brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
4. In a small bowl whisk together all of the remoulade ingredients and set aside until ready to use. See Remoulade Recipe
5. In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, blood orange juice and Dijon mustard. Add the arugula, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to coat.
6. To Serve: Divide the salad equally between 6 plates. Top with a crab cake, drizzle with remoulade and serve.