Hey, it’s Summer! Your barbeque is probably already ablaze with all of your favorite warm weather fare. Why not keep the party going (and your house cool) with this deliciously easy dessert!
Fresh grilled fresh pineapple
- 2 Ripe Pineapples peeled and sliced into ½ inch rounds
- EVOO for brushing the grill
- ¼ Cup Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar *Or Traditional Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp. Turbinado Sugar
Heat grill and brush grates with EVOGrill each slice for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and brush with Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar. Sprinkle with Turbinado Sugar before topping with Strawberry Rum Sorbet.
*You can pan-fry the pineapple instead of grilling if you wish.
Strawberry Rum Sorbet
Quick and easy tasty sorbet.
- ½ Lemon seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 pounds Strawberries hulled
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ¼ Cup Rum
- 2 Tbsp. Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar *Substitute with Traditional Balsamic or omit
Place the chopped lemon and sugar in a food processor, and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
Purée the strawberries in a food processor, and add to the lemon mixture, along with the juice of 1 lemon. Taste and add more juice as desired. The lemon flavor should be intense but should not overpower the strawberries. Pulse in rum and Strawberry Balsamic. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
Top each grilled pineapple slice with a scoop of sorbet.